Saturday, November 27, 2010

Stuffed like a turkey

These past few days have been exhausting and to think it ain't over yet! 
I got a few more pieces done on my Saw Reverse Bear Trap and started working on a few original art pieces as well. I haven't really had the time to get anything accomplished art wise hence the reasoning by no posts. 
I did however manage to cook a complete Thanksgiving Dinner for my 2 brothers, my grandma, my husband, my aunt and her 4 children and her very handsome date, Carlos. I was plum exhausted afterward though, but I must say that deep fried turkey was delicious!

Today consisted of putting up our Christmas tree and working on the handmade Christmas stockings for my family this year. They are being embroidered with their names as well. I also wrapped all of the Christmas presents that I have bought so far and I have to add that I'm only in need of 3 more people and my shopping is complete! :)


My next mission is to begin sending out my Christmas cards which are already addressed and signed and ready to go, just gotta get the stamps. Then I must begin the Christmas cookie process. Every year for the past 5 years I have made Christmas cookies and given them out as gifts to co-workers, various family members and of course our friends. Last year I believe I made 15 dozen cookies of various kinds and they were delicious. This year I have made my cookie list, which includes around 8 different types of cookies and I have also gathered the goodie bags I am going to be putting them in this year. The next couple of weeks will consist of me hanging out Christmas lights outside on the house and getting the yard cleaned up and baking cookies. I just love the holidays.

Oh and we had our first snow fall on Thanksgiving night. It was rough driving back from my brothers in it. It did however, get my hopes up for a white Christmas.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment