Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Fun

So this weekend was a blast. Had a friend of mine that I haven’t seen in 3 years come visit with her 2 daughters and stay. We then had a huge bbq last night with friends and some people from my husbands work. It was fun. We had beer chicken, hot dogs, burgers, grilled corn on the cob, my special loaded baked potato salad, baked beans, chips and dip and of course BEER and daiquiris! Woo! We went to the Dollar Tree store and purchased all kinds of glow in the dark glow sticks for all of the children that were here to wear and run around and play with. They really enjoyed my tombstones that I have made and already set up in the yard in preparation for my Halloween display. I don’t have a garage to store them in right now and my house was jammed packed with people this weekend sooooo out in the yard they went. The tombstones made it more fun for the kids being that they kept playing tag and hide and go seek around them. This inspired me though for future parties. I have decided that I want to hold a fall festival/carnival type Halloween party in the next couple of years and extend it to try and create a block party on my dead end street. How fun would that be? My husband and I have even talked about purchasing a cotton candy machine and such to add to the mix. I’m so excited. Smile  I really hope everyone out there had a great weekend and I know you are just dying to go back to work tomorrow right? LOL. I shall be cleaning up my house and getting back to prop building…Halloween is rapidly approaching and the craziness has begun!. Happy Hauntings everyone….

No comments:

Post a Comment