Friday, March 11, 2011

Netflix has weird movies....about toothed vaginas. Yes...I said vagina.

Oh man. It was so cold in this house today I couldn't stand to do anything else and I didn't want to bother turning on a bunch of heaters and waste electricity. Since I was feeling like the pits,  I just wrapped up in a big, thick blanket and watched movies via Netflix.com on my xbox360.




First thing I watched was this movie called "Teeth". Insert description of movie here [When virtuous high school student Dawn (Jess Weixler) becomes the victim of a sexual assault, she discovers that she has an unexpected line of defense: a toothed vagina. But coming to terms with the novelty of her anatomical anomaly might be easier said than done. John Hensley, Hale Appleman and Josh Pais co-star in director Mitchell Lichtenstein's provocative feminist horror flick that gives girl power a whole new meaning.]

This movie was crazy. I laughed and my roommate and best friend Chris, cried. The parts where the girl bit off the guys "winky" made Chris have sympathy pains. this movie did teach me something new today and that is the myth about the Vagina Dentana. I thought the movie was ridiculous but I googled the topic anyways and found this on wikipedia....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata.

 Apparently, there are many cultures who share this myth but in various definitions. One is where the men are taught that vaginas have teeth in them to discourage rape. CRAZY, yet genius if it worked.I'm sure that all the men reading this are cringing at the thought off having their "little friends" missing. That will teach those guys to keep it in their pants!

Totally OFF topic but it was in the horror section of netflix. Just thought I would add that I randomly selected this movie without reading the description. I watch a LOT of netflix horror films for research purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment